IdealSpot.com is a commercial real estate data platform that helps businesses to find and evaluate locations with customer demand data, best-in-class demographics, hourly vehicle counts, and competitive mapping and analysis.
We are currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer to own the middle layer of our app stack in Node.js. We are a very lean company where every employee owns a major part of the business. We all strive to be the best in class at what we do, and we don’t tolerate employees who do not contribute their best. That being said, we have a laid back office atmosphere; so, as long as you’re getting your work done, office naps, flexible hours, and various tech-startup shenanigans are encouraged.
So, if you want the chance to completely own a layer of a fast-growing and in-demand application – to re-architect it, build it, and make it the best that it can be – and work with like-minded people to make the company great, we want to meet you.
A good candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Must have architected and built at least one other live Node.js application
- Must have a good understanding of application security and a drive to grow that knowledge
- Must have a deep knowledge of REST api design and construction
- Must have sufficient knowledge to manage regular deployments and database maintenance
A great candidate will also have these qualifications:
- Strong experience with Vue, React, or Angular frameworks
- Strong experience and good habits with writing unit tests and e2e tests
- Meaningful experience with Webpack
- Meaningful experience with Git
- Meaningful experience with NPM
- Experience in an agile software development environment
How to apply
To apply for this opening, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please do not apply if you do not meet the good candidate qualifications.